WHAT IS CORMIX SLAB LIFTING?
The traditional methods to solve the subsidence of buildings, foundations and other infrastructure has been with cement-based materials can lead to varying results and may not solve the root cause, finally the problem can re-occur.
Cormix supplies a range of solutions for soil stabilization and slab lifting based on the latest polyurethane technology.
Contite Slab Lift (Click TDS)
Cormix rigid, high strength, non shrink fast reacting technology ensures a permanent, rapid, clean solution to slab lifting and soil stabilization Contite Slab Lift ensures a permanent precision lift with high strength rigid foam
WHAT IT IS AND DOES?
- A polyurethane structural foam.
- Inject expanding polymer.
- Deep Injection through tubes up to 8 m deep.
- Constantly monitored.
- Compacts weak soil zones.
- Voids are filled.
- Lifts & realigns.
- Base soil strengthened.
- Restores load bearing capacity.
- High Density hydro polymer.
HOW DOES CONTITE SLAB LIFT WORK?
Contite Slab Lift is a two component structure polyurethane foam for concrete slab lifting and soil stabilisation.
Contite Slab Lift may be used for concrete slab lifting & soil stabilization by improving load bearing capacity of loose soils, filling of large voids, cracks and crevices.
Contite Slab Lift is injected into the ground to the required depth restoring load bearing capacity, densifying and strengthening soils with rigid high strength foams that displace or react away water, compacting soil before finally lifting the structure or pavement back to alignment on a sound base.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF
CONTITE SLAB LIFT?
- Phthalates free resins.
- Solvent free.
- Fast or slow reactions available.
- Easy mixing 1:1 by volume.
- Low cost lifting of concrete structures/slabs.
- Can be applied in dry or wet conditions.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Rapid strength gain. Traffic ready in 15 minutes.
- Expands 20-30 times unconfined.
- High strength.
- Non shrink.
- Bonds with soil and concrete.
- Stops repeated water erosion.
- Precision lifting.
WHAT IS THE BENEFITE OF THE CONTITE
SLAB LIFT METHOD
- Zero excavation
- Densifies and strengthens soils
- Displaces water, increase soil density
- Environmentally friendly
- Non destructive – lower time, Less noise
- Keeps important assets in service, minimal interruption of operations
- Fast reaction, high strength for loads
- Water movement halted
- Enhances Underground structures
- Stabilizing & sealing operation in one
DISADVANTAGES OF CEMENTITIOUS GROUTING COMPARED TO CONTITE SLAB LIFT INJECTION
- Short term solution – fails with time
- Compounds the problem
- Adds over burden weight (Polymer 90% lighter)
- Chemical leaching & environmental pollution
- Large volume of material
- Warehouse / Distribution Center / Depot / Container Terminal
- Heavy equipment foundation, factory floor
- Highway Pavement
- Bridge Approach
- Taxiway / Runway
- Railway Foundation
- Sealing Manholes
- Sea walls
STEP APPLICATION: Slab Lifting
Resin injection method used to lift sunken concrete slab to the original level.
SLAB LIFT: METHOD
- Drill a hole in the sunken slab (or) soil / ground surface & fix packer. Multiple holes can be drilled at 30 cm intervals, if the surface area of sunken slab is large.
- Connect the injection head to the packer.
- Open valves for Part A and Part B and start the injection.
- The injection should be continued until the water flow stops, slab is lifted sufficiently or until the premeasured amount of product has been injected in each packer.
- Close the valve and disconnect the packers from the mixing head.
- Continue and repeat the injection steps with adjacent packer.
- When the injection has finished, clean and rinse all equipment with Contite PU Purge.